Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The joys of Homeschooling

Well Christmas break is long been over and we are trying to get back into the swing of things. Since school is a new thing the girls love to do it and are often begging me to get the books out. Well today I was working with Emma and we were talking about opposites.

The point was to connect two columns of pictures with a line. eg: a Tall giraffe and a short mouse etc. Well she was doing quite well until we came to a picture of a duck in a pond. The picture on the other side that was supposed to be connected to it was a duck outside of the pond. They were wanting her to say "wet" and "dry". Not Emma! She understood the one in the pond was wet, but when I asked " What do you call this one?", pointing to the picture of the other duck she said...." Not wet!" It was so cute and really it was right. Oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how I remember those days...enjoy every moment...nothing else that tries to creep in is worth the stress...before you know it...those kiddos will be gone and you will wish you had savored every moment...at least I sure do...and I thought I enjoyed them...but as you know...many other things crept in to steal my "joy" during those days!! I so often think of you and all you did for us!! I thank God for you still so often!! I know He will bless you for all you have done!!