I think that my new years resolution should be no more news! Watching the news tonight really had me thinking and worrying and then praying.
Cessna is talking more layoffs.......we missed them so far but will we next time? Then this poor boy who has been missing for 11 years and guess what he was home schooled. So now they are talking stricter regulations for homeschooling. Because Lord knows that without the government keeping tract we may just loose our children! I can hear it now..." Honey where is Tommy?"..."well now that you mention it I haven't seen him for 11 years".
The economy is plunging and don't even get me started on our new administration! All of these changes had me thinking. ......Lord we have had it so easy!
I feel like my Faith has been spoon fed to me. All of this wonderful information so easily available to us and really with no resistance. Is this all about to change? Will I be ready? Will my children be ready?
I think that this new year it will be my mission to first and most importantly to leave this World in my Father's hands. I can put my trust in HIM. Not in a president or legislators. And then to prepare myself and my children to follow Christ with reckless abandon.
The words to one of my favorite song come to mind.......This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through, My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue;The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, And I can't feel at home in this world anymore!
3 comments:
amen and amen!!
AMEN, sister!
Anita, I am loving your blog. This entry is particularly interesting because I have been thinking the same thing. Sounds like you're doing well. Hope I see ya soon.
Post a Comment