Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Kodak Moment, Well almost:)

We are reading a book with the girls before bed every night. It is a book on Psalm 23 that explains every verse in a story that kids can understand. I just love it.
Well tonight we were finished with the story and there is a list of topics to talk about with your kids at the end of every story. One of the things at the end of this particular story that they wanted them to do was list something they loved about each one in the family.
I sat with tears in my eyes as they told their dad that they liked when he came home from work and kissed them and said how much he loved them. Or how they liked it when their baby sister smiled at them and chased them around the house.
I know great kids right! I was so proud that something I was doing was getting threw. I haven't been wasting my time or my blood, sweat and tears!
Then I asked Emma what she loved about Katie, she paused to think, when Katie said "here let me tell you what you love about me!". It was so funny it was hard not to laugh!
I guess this is the sort of thing you remember the most. They do love each other, as long as it is Katie's way:)

3 comments:

Erin said...

hmmm... reminds me of someone. I just can't quite put my finger on it

Becky said...

Oh Erin, that could be considered mean!!! Though I have to agree....something did seem familiar :) Love ya 'Nita

Melsoni Family said...

thats awsum!... who are you 2 talking about anyway... lol