Target is the place to go to get just about anything you can imagine! I'm so happy to have one so close to home. At our target you can get anything from Diapers to that something you need to finish dinner. Well I wasn't expecting what I found today! A lady whom I've know since I was around 5 stopped to say hi. I was expecting the usual, "Hi how are you.........oh we are fine", exchange. But instead I received something much more meaningful. She took the time to talk to me, really ask me how I was doing. And this week that was something that I really needed.
Its been one of those weeks where I spent my evenings crying on the kitchen floor, or running the water in the bathroom so no one would know that mom had lost it again! And there in the Target aisle God sent me a woman who has raised her girls and knows where I'm at. Physically and Spiritually. She reminded me that Satan wants me to feel isolated and all alone, when in fact I am one in a long line of Christian woman who have fought these same battles. Satan doesn't fight fair and he know that we are week mentally, especially mentally and even more so at the end of a hard fought day.
She was such an encouragement to me in this last day of a long and weary year. And she has given me hope for 2009!
3 comments:
I believe God is paying you back for your ministry to me...don't you remember all of my "moments" on the floor...or just plain falling apart!! You are not alone, no matter how alone you may feel...know I am praying for you!!
Anita,
Kyle and I were just talking about this last night. I had written a note to a weary mother of only young children and this was part of my note:
My Journal Entry June 9th, 1999 "It's so easy to get over-whelmed and discouraged! I feel like the kids wander aimlessly all day! I have the hardest time keeping them busy and productive. Part of the reason is because I'm so busy and part is that I am at the mercy of my two little girls moods! It's very hard! Getting up earlier surely will help - but we've been getting to bed at 10:30-11:00pm and Anna wakes up 4 or 5 times a night to nurse, so I seriously lack in energy! God sure made mothering a full time job!
The rewards are plentiful and I have to continually remind myself of my blessed life."
Being overwhelmed is common for young mommas. I well remember those days...they don't seem like very long ago, for time has cruised by at an alarming pace.
I just want to encourage you that you are in a blessed place and even though there are days when you pull your hair out or run away and cry alone in the bathroom, someday you'll miss those sweet (and crazy) times.
Those same little hands that drop things and make messes, are the same hands that grab onto your hands when they need guiding.
Those same arms that are thrown up in fits are the same ones that reach up to you when they want to be held.
Those same feet that run to mischief are the same ones that run to you when they need comfort.
Those same mouths that are too loud at times are the same ones that proclaim their love to us.
Those same hearts that devise wicked plans at times, are the same ones that offer affection that make our own heart melt.
So, while you are having a breakdown, as every mother has, just remember...those days aren't forever...and they are days you'll look back on with fondness someday. :)
Have a blessed New Year Anita!
Love,
Lynnette
PS Join me on Wednesday for "Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane" and tell your friends to join in too, okay? It will be FUN!
Oh, now that encourages my heart! Like you said, God can use the most unexpected people in the most unexpected places to lift our spirits. May God bless you in 2009 as you live for Him!!
Post a Comment