It has been one year since my brother, David, left for the Marine Corp Basic Training. One year ago we were wondering how he could make it threw this long and hard journey. Would he be able to escape injury like so many stories we heard of? Would he be able to find something deep within himself to get him threw this? No, he would find something or should I say Some One, who would get him threw this time.
We were all wondering what he would do with his life little more than a year ago. He was struggling to find purpose for his life. He didn't like school and college was proving to be just as much of a mismatch for him. We all knew that he was very smart and talented, he just needed to find his niche in life. We were all praying for him to find something.
One evening he came over to hang out at our house, which wasn't anything new. But this night he has something to talk about. He wanted to talk to my husband Brian about the Marine Corp. My husband was also a Marine so David knew that Brian would be able to give him some insight. As we talked I could feel the Spirit leading the conversation. It all felt like it was falling into place. It was then that we realized that now a greater mission was in order........get mom to approve!
I called her the next day, then I began to lead the conversation. When by my surprise she said "what do you think about the military and David" ......you have got to be kidding me I thought!" Well actually, he was here last night talking about just that". It is so amazing how God goes before conversations like this one and begins working in hearts.
So that is how it all began and within weeks David was on a airplane headed for San Diego, CA.
He made it threw boot camp with no injuries and a new found confidence that he was lacking before. He had become a man. We are all so proud of him. Now he and Brian share something that none of us civilians could ever understand.
I'm so proud of my men in my life:)
9 comments:
Thank you for sharing about your brother. We used to live in San Diego, and I had many friends who's husbands were in the military.
Blessings to you!
Rachel
So David took off to be a marine! Wow. I still remember him as a little boy.
That's wonderful that God sent him down the perfect path for him. We're not all wired the same...we shouldn't try to go the typical direction - just the "me" direction.
Thanks for joining in today! It was a blessing to see God's hand in David's life.
Love,
Lynnette
I am proud of him too for serving his country!
I am thankful for Brian too, and for all of the men who are trained to protect us.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a fun week with your "Hartzell Girls"
great story, I'm sure you're proud
Thanks for sharing! :)
Wonderful story! Please tell him how greatful I am to have him serve our country! I love that he found his niche.
It's great when all the pieces fall into place and you see God's plan for someone's life unfold - praying for many blessings for your brother on the path ahead,
lynette x
... wow you made me cry a little bit with that one...
... wow that made me cry a little...
Post a Comment